Explore Aviation on a tour of the Empire State Aerosciences Museum
The moment you arrive at the museum, you will be on a site that is steeped in aviation history and where landmark advancements were made in the aviation industry. The museum provides a variety of educational, fun experiences for adults and youth, whether they come for a tour, or combine it with a special program. We offer guided tours for large or small groups by advance reservation.
*Individuals & families may come for a self-directed
visit during regular Museum hours
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE: TWO GALLERIES, A GIFT SHOP, INTERACTIVE EXHIBITS AND AIR PARK
Exhibits at ESAM present aviation history from the pioneer era to the jet age, with a focus on New York State -- plus interactive displays!
- Dioramas and models depicting the evolution of aviation
- Hot Air Balloon exhibit and hands-on activity.
- 1896 Chanute Glider (restored)
- Women aviators exhibit and a replica of Amelia Earhart's Lockheed Electra
- 1910 Curtiss Pusher (restored)
- 1922 DePishoff French "Flying Motorcycle" (replica)
- Award winning 1/2 scale of a Curtiss Jenny
- 32' scale model of the Akagi, a Japanese aircraft carrier used in the film "Tora, Tora, Tora"
- Antarctic exploration with ice core drilling, air support by 109th ANG C-130s
- A spectacular exhibit on the space program and lunar landings
An Air Park with full scale aircraft including an F-14 Tomcat, an F-5 black aggressor fighter used in the movie Top Gun, an A-6 Intruder, a Huey Helicopter and much more!
Cost for Guided Tours: All age groups, 60 - 90 min; $10 per person (Includes SRV Ride)
Advance reservations are required - Call (518) 377-2191
or e-mail [email protected]
Leave time to visit the Gift Shop offering a variety of aviation items for all ages. The Museum is handicapped accessible and has ample parking for buses.